Sometimes products need a “makeover” or alteration in order to be sold. For example, a company may have rising backorders due to real or perceived defects in merchandise. Dead inventory or overstocks may be piling up in the warehouse as a result of inaccurate sales forecasts. Products may have arrived with blemishes, imperfections or compliance issues. Perhaps component add-ons or replacements may be necessary to make a product floor-ready for sale.
If you’re a high-volume importer, retailer or distributor that needs to perform product alterations it’s likely that you may not be equipped with the right labor, resources or facility space to handle the job. Yet, when product alterations are required it’s imperative to undertake these projects quickly and cost-effectively to get product into the supply chain on-time, in-full and floor-ready for sale.
Product Alterations Performed Quickly and Reliably at QCI
At Quality Corrections & Inspections, we have the expertise, resources and facilities to undertake high-volume product alterations projects quickly and cost-effectively. The creative problem solvers at QCI have over 30 years of experience in handling projects such as these for companies across a variety of industries. More importantly, QCI develops a strategic approach to each unique situation and include time studies, cost analysis and an action plan.
What Types of Product Alterations Can Be Performed?
While the list below is not all-inclusive, some representative examples include:
- Cosmetic product alterations, component removals and add-ons to mitigate potential patent infringement issues.
- Replacement of substandard product hardware or components. These might include, but not be limited to buckles, handles, eyelets, straps, legs, buttons and snaps.
- Applying special finishing treatments to products (eg. waterproofing).
- Complete rebranding projects featuring new logos, packaging, materials and/or design modifications
- Product reinforcement operations such as customized sewing operations, applying adhesives, or changing flanges and clips.
- Customized rework services.
Request a Free Project Analysis
Tell us about your needs and we will develop a practical approach customized to your situation. Contact us today to request a free project analysis.
Click here to begin your free analysis!
Need our help? Get a FREE ANALYSIS